Collection of Personal Information
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not, and whether the information is recorded in a material form or not.
Where possible, we will collect personal information directly from you or a person authorised to provide this information on your behalf. Should we collect your personal information from a third party, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the third party has obtained your consent to provide your personal information to us.
We collection personal information from you when:
- You register an account on www.diaguild.com (the Site);
- You use any of Dia’s related services, such as subscribing to our newsletter or product notifications;
- You browse our products and services or otherwise interact with the Site;
- You accept our cookies on your device;
- You interact with our customer experience team or other representatives, for example, via a webform, emails, telephone calls, letters, or face-to-face meetings;
- You interact with Dia on our social media channels, such as liking our posts, commenting on our posts, private messaging us on our social media;
- You participate in our promotions, lucky draws, initiatives or any request for additional personal information such as customer surveys;
- We receive references from business partners and third parties, for example, where they referred you to us to enjoy the benefits of a joint promotion or collaboration or to redeem a voucher you purchased through them;
- Your authorized representative submits your personal information to us for any purpose reasonably authorized by you, for example if such representative is purchasing our product or service to be delivered to you or as a gift;
- Our third-party analytics and other service providers provide your personal information to us, which was collected and processed by them and disclosed to us pursuant to their separate privacy policies; or
- When you voluntarily submit your personal information to us for any reason.
The types of personal information we may collect include:
- Identifying and contact information (for example, your name, address, age, date of birth, gender, and email address);
- If you visit our website, register an account with us and/or purchase products through our website, your username and password, IP address, information about your purchases and your other activity on our website (for example, tracking which areas of the website you visit and the content you view);
- Other information which you may include in your profile or in other communications with Dia;
- Other information with your consent or where required by law.
Use of Personal Information
We may use and disclose your personal information for purposes necessary to provide you with our products and services, including to:
- Register and maintain your user account and to verify your identity or age;
- Process your order for our products or services, process or collect your payment for the order;
- Deliver or perform the products or services you purchased, including our couriers calling or messaging you to obtain your delivery instructions;
- Process your returns or refunds;
- Provide you with supporting services and functions related to your user account, such as saved items in cart, wish list, brand or product notifications;
- Send you marketing communications in relation to our sales, products, services, promotions;
- Invite you to our private customer events;
- Conduct market and customer research, analysis or tracking;
- Personalise and improve your customer experience when you visit the Site and our social media;
- Monitor and enforce compliance with our Terms and Conditions, including dispute resolution;
- Comply with (i) internal risk controls, (ii) the terms of our access to payment processing, financial or banking services such as credit card disputes, fraud, billing errors, or (iii) any applicable law; and
- Ensure our Site function properly and to improve their performance, by carrying out activities such as debugging or statistical analyses for optimizing our Site.
If you do not provide personal information requested of you to Dia or, withdraw your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information at any time (subject to contractual and legal restrictions and reasonable notice), we may be unable to provide you the products or services you have requested or contact you in the future.
If you no longer wish to receive copies of our newsletter, or information about our products, services, store launches, events or other promotional information, you may unsubscribe by contacting us as described below. For communications sent by e-mail or other electronic means you will also be able to unsubscribe using the unsubscribe mechanism in the message itself.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We will not share your information with any other organisations other than those third parties, such as logistics and courier companies, directly related to the delivery of the products you have purchased from the Site. In exceptional circumstances, Dia may be required to disclose personal information, such as when there are grounds to believe that the disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, or for law enforcement purposes.
If you believe that your privacy has been breached by Dia, please contact us at email@example.com and we will resolve the issue.
Collection of Computer Data
When you visit the Site, our company servers will automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This data may include:
- Your computer's IP address;
- Browser type;
- The webpage you were visiting before you came to our site;
- The pages within www.diaguild.com you visit;
- The time spent on those pages, items and information searched for on our site, access times and dates, and other statistics.
This information is collected for analysis and evaluation in order to help us improve our site and the services and products we provide. This data will not be used in association with any other personal information.
A cookie is a small information file that is sent to your computer and is stored on your hard drive. If your web browser is set up to accept cookies, a cookie will be stored on your hard drive when you visit Dia’s website. If you have registered with Dia then your computer may store an identifying cookie which will save you time each time you re-visit the Site by remembering your email address for you. You can change the settings on your browser to prevent cookies being stored on your computer without your explicit consent.
Cookies also allow Dia to recognise your computer while you are on the Site. This information is used to maintain the quality of our service and to provide tracking and statistics regarding the use of our website.
If you would rather not have this information stored on your computer, you can configure your browser so it does not accept cookies. However, if you disable cookies you may not be able to access all parts of this website.
Data Quality and Security
Dia takes reasonable steps to:
- Make sure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date;
- Protect the personal information that we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure;
- Where permitted by law, destroy or permanently de-identify personal information that is no longer needed for purposes for which it was collected.
When collecting payment information for online purchases, the Company offers secured server transactions that encrypt your information in transit to help prevent others from accessing it. Personal information is stored on servers that are protected by appropriate safeguards, and will be accessible by authorised employees and agents who require access in connection with their responsibilities.
Access to Your Personal Information
If you have any questions or concerns about how we handle your personal information, or would like to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dia will generally provide you with access to your personal information if practicable and, will take reasonable steps to amend any of your personal information which is inaccurate or out of date. If we provide you with copies of any information you have requested, we may charge you a reasonable fee to cover the administrative costs of providing you with that information.
Third Party Sites
Our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Questions or Comments